Saturday, June 14, 2014

Seeking and Finding


"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon Him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." 

Isaiah 55:6-7


His word is true. His word is real. And His word is alive. April was spent trying to find Him through the trials, and in May, He showed is face in full view!

His children, young and old, have stood by me and lifted me up. I feel a more like part of the family, at work and in the church, than a newbie.  My close friends here are sharing their life- the good and the bad- as we all seek Him more. We also had an English speaking women’s retreat for any Christian women in Nicaragua. The weekend was refreshing both spiritually and physically and definitely brought us closer.
Serving the Casa Materna in Pantasma with ladies
from the church and visiting North Americans
Juvelky, Lilly and I after church.
The youth group has been such a blessing and a niche where I can minister. Having teenagers initiate conversations in the States is more than encouraging. Here in Jinotega, for the teens to come up to me after church reaffirms why I am here. To build relationships that point to Jesus. Whether with babies, teens or adults. The youth group also had a Mother’s Day program this month. Oh it was a wonderful night! We spent the week practicing skits and songs, planning games, decorating the church and preparing dinner. Watching them serve and use their talents was such a honor.

Singing at the Mother's Day program
Spanish lessons will continue the rest of my life. But I am able to have conversations and understand more than one simple sentence. It is exciting to be able to communicate in their language and follow most conversations.
 
Faviola, one of my favorite little girls in Nicaragua
For a long time the strongest form of communication for God and I have been songs. I sing my struggles to him, and He sings his promises and instructions right back to me. May brought lots of truth through English and Spanish songs. Knowing what we’re singing about in church is a huge way to relate to the Father and the body. They sing with their whole voice here too. Sometimes it’s almost yelling. But is a sound that brings me such joy and hope. Hope for what Heaven will be when we sit in front of the King of Kings and sing His praises. Hope for the months to come as I keep learning and sharing Jesus’ love. Hope that as we earnestly seek Him, He will be found!

Prayer Requests
·      More growth in real friendships
·      Leadership in the church
·      The youth group as they develop a deep desire for a relationship with God and each other
·      Strength and rest as the summer groups come
·      Wisdom as we look for the best ways to help the people we meet

No comments:

Post a Comment