Thursday, June 6, 2013


Thrilled. Amazed. Hopefully. Excited. Humbled. Anxious. SO Joyful. and a little Sad. The last few days have been a jumble of all these emotions and more! In just 4 days, I'm headed to Kalomo, Zambia to work in the Havens of Namwianga! Mostly I'm filled with excitement and good anticipation as it's finally time to go. But as my time with my family is ending, I am a little sad knowing how much I'll miss them. This idea that is now a plan has been in the works since September, and it barely feels real. We serve and incredible God who loves to bless us to praise His name. He has been molding my heart for this for quite a while and then let the people and the plans fall into place! 

The idea of spending the next 7 weeks serving and loving the people of Zambia (especially the babies in the Havens) is overwhelming! I still find myself talking to God and saying, "How have you blessed me so richly?" Going to Namwianga has been a dream of mine for quite a few years, and I'm praying that I can give as much of my heart and mind to love without reservation while I'm there. 

Part of the planning included 3 other girls Kelly, Hanna, and Kami, who are already an encouragement and support! The three of us will be working with Meagan Hawley who lives in Zambia and serves as the medical advocate for all the children in the Havens. I am looking forward to working alongside these ladies while learning more about caring for children and the God who creates them. 

To all my family and friends that have encouraged me through support and prayer please do not stop now! I'll be keeping this blog updated as often as I can. Please pray not only for me but the whole team Meagan, the Aunties, Kelly, Hanna and Kami and the other workers in Zambia. 

Pray for strength and love.

Pray for open eyes and hearts. 

Pray for God to be glorified above all.


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! So excited you are going to the Havens. I know several who are currently there and some who have been in the past. I would love to go someday, myself. I know you will do good service to the Lord by serving the babies and people there. I will pray for you and your safety as you are away.

    ReplyDelete