Tuesday, June 11, 2013

officially happening


[written in ATL. posted in LON-Heathrow]

Oh my. It. Is. Here. June 10th. The day we fly to Zambia!! Well technically London, then Johannesburg, then Livingstone, Zambia :) Then a short car ride and we will be in Namwianga! It finally feels real as I’m sitting in the terminal now about to board the first plane. The day was filled with last minute errands and repacking and blessed phone calls from so many of my favorite people. Thank you to everyone who as called, texted and encouraged me in any way over the last few days, I love you for it!! I know I would not have come to this place without your love. God truly provides for all our needs. I have heard Him through you. Thank you for that.

In about 11 hours we (Kelly, Hanna, Kamri and I) will all get to meet in person in a London airport! I could not be more excited to see them! Please pray for smooth transitions through all our airports, especially as we try to find one another, without phones. Ha.

I also wanted to share the verses that have provided me stillness and peace over the last 24 hours. I pray they bring you the same peace.

Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually! Psalm 105:3-4

Talk to you soon! From the other side of the Atlantic!
~Colette

2 comments:

  1. I just remembered that Maegan is Coach Hawley's niece, not daughter (duh!!). I hope that you have safe travels. You're in my prayers. I know you will bless so many lives on this trip!

    Sarah
    PS - Colossians 3:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. My precious. After I took your picuture and you were busy getting ready for TSA... I didn't fall apart and I was thrilled to see you turn around and wave that last wave! My phone rang! It was Susan and it was perfect timing. I know you will find this hard to believe, but we talked all the way home and it gave me such peace. For many reasons!
    Now reading your blog and knowing what some of your thoughts were after I left brings another level of peace and joy to your mom!
    I'll wait patiently for word that all 4 of you have arrived safely to love the little children of the world. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete