Sunday, March 23, 2014

Los Niños


March 23, 2014
The last couple weeks have been so busy and so wonderful! I’ll tell you more about them soon. But tonight I just wanted to brag on the kids. I mentioned they were learning “Open the Eyes of My Heart.” Since then they preformed it for the congregation! They did an excellent job reciting Mark 12:30 and singing in both English and Spanish. It was such a beautiful sound. They were also very proud of themselves- that was probably the best part for me.
I know it's totally blurry
and not as good as the video
that won't upload right now.
Hopefully tomorrow!



The best part for them might have been the ice cream party after!

I also have a huge prayer request to share. I’ve mentioned One Child Matters (Cada Niño Cuenta) the mentoring/development program that is starting soon. Well… soon is tomorrow!! The mentors and staff have spend the last week preparing for the children to arrive and tomorrow they do. Please be in prayer with us for the first week to be encouraging for all. This program is designed to help children thrive who are not having great success on their own- especially in school. It focuses on four main aspects of their development: spiritual, socio-emotional, mental and physical. There are two centers (Jinotega and Apanas) that will open tomorrow. We are so excited to see the fruit God brings from these relationships. These teachers/mentors are just precious. They really want to invest in the children and make Cada Niño Cuenta a safe, fun place to grow together. I ask that you pray for: 
  • the mentors: that they feel confident in their abilities
  • the children: that they come this week and beginning trusting the mentors
  • their parents: that they can believe this program is worthwhile for their child
  • us North Americans: we want to be a support and encouragement without seeming like the boss- a delicate balance to find.

I read this verse this morning, and it has been in my mind all day…
“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and WAIT for the Lord.” Psalm 27:13-14
I truly believe these children are the goodness of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment