Monday, January 20, 2014

Happy New Year

December 31-January 19


I began the New Year by traveling. But let’s be honest. There’s no other way for me. Birmingham was the first stop. The church at Riverchase has become family to me, and I thank God for them always. We had a New Years party for the youth group; then stopped by the college age party to visit those awesome people too! After a quick morning with some quality time with the Pruitt’s and the Dyer’s, it was back on the road home.

We had New Years Breakfast-for-Dinner with our family’s best friends the Davis’! They are such an encouragement because they are great examples of a family living out their faith daily. I love when we get together because the conversation is never just about small talk; we talk about what God is doing in our lives (and sometimes Obama Care haha). They’re also really good at pingpong. Like I said, we have a great time together.
On January 2nd I headed up 75 North to Knoxville. Jason, Jamie and Everett Terry let me join them for a day of games and laughter. This family is so special to me. I’ve known Jamie since I was 8. I was with Jamie while she was getting to know Jason - aka fall in love with him. Jason hired me one summer to intern with his youth group… There are just so many ways God has tied our lives together. It is a blessing to watch Him work. So their oldest boy turns 3 this week and Jamie is due in March with their second baby boy! Jamie and Jason are great parents because they walk with their Father so well. I also got to have dinner with a couple friends from Harding before heading back home that night!

Once at home, we were in full preparation mode for the Mart. Americas Mart is three big buildings in downtown Atlanta where retailers from all across the country, and world, come to buy the products they sell all year. On the 18th Floor of Building 2 is a showroom owned by Darrah & Co. Years ago my mom and Susan ended up with an offer to work as a temporary sales associate for the Mart’s major gift show in January. That has turned into Mom finding 20+ hard working people to work for Darrah for that same gift show. So we were finishing last minute projects, picking up people from the airport, putting together training materials and driving down 85 quite often. Jami and Joseph were driving down from New Hampshire, John was flying in from Dallas. Once we all were trained and ready for the week. John, Jami, Joseph and I went down to Beth’s house to spend the week with her. She is such a joy and a blessing! She loves to host us and laugh with us after our days of selling.
our very special family

While we are at the Mart, sometimes it is hard to remember how much life is happening outside of Building 2. This year, that was not the case. There were so many great blessings that week! But there were also so many things that were giving us heavy hearts and driving us to our knees in prayer from the moment we woke up.

Joel stood up by himself and took his first steps!!! HUGE answered prayer!
Rodwell is growing and developing SO well!
Got to see Andrew Baker. And talk to him about Benny.
Still praying for full healing!

Sunday was a very long day. But it ended with laughing and praying. For that I was thankful. Monday was our last day working the mart. Tuesday began the last 5 days at home… Crazy! As I mentioned last week, there were many people sick and in the hospital. A continual reminder that we are so fragile. God is our strength, and He gives us breath. He provides what we need for that day. And to watch him provide for me and the people around me this week was incredible. I’m just going to share pictures of some of the highlights of the week. Please know that every hug and word of encouragement and smile meant more than words can say. I woke up Saturday and felt such a strong peace about leaving. I knew it would come, but it was sometimes frustrating, even in the beginning of the week, to not feel ready or as excited as I thought I should be.  But it came on Saturday. And it was still there on Sunday. Even through the goodbyes.
Seeing Fozen with these awesome men!
Jami planned a surprise lunch with David and Britni!

Got to spend lots of time with my church family and some of my favorite guys!

Lindsey! We have been best friends since we were 10.
She was home to visit her dad after his heart attack, but he is doing well.
It was a great to spend a little time with her too!
We listened to lots of music on the way to the airport but THIS song was mine for the day.


Whatever will come our way
Through fire or pouring rain
We won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken


Building 429 We Won’t Be Shaken


I have made it to Managua and Lilly found me at the airport! All our luggage made it. And we had a restful night! Please continue to pray for us through this transition. And for our families as we adjust. I've continued to be reassured by our Father that I am in the right place. I also ask for prayers for me to listen to Him over the coming week not my own wants or plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment