Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Memories

Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.


God continues to shine His glory through His people here in Jinotega. To witness a few of the ways he is working is such a blessing. To take part in his work is humbling because I am certain it’s not things I could do alone. Only through him can we add to His kingdom, worship him with full devotion and embrace his love! With every new day there are so many things to be thankful for. Here are a few snapshots from the first couple weeks back and a few of the people I am so thankful to know!
I went to college with Juvelki. Every Saturday, she gets on the 5:30 bus,
at least 15 minutes early, and rides an hour and half to Matagalpa for pharmacy school/university. It was a quick visit, but she is a friend who is always there for me;
so it was nice to be able to encourage her before her test that day. 
Carlos, Wilson and Gaby came over for Sunday lunch.
We had Gringo chicken and veggies but they cleaned the plate!
These 3 are always wiling to help and serve. And they make me laugh :)
After 3 days back in the mission, I saw a mouse in my apartment.
So I called a family to borrow their cat for a couple days.
Pata was great company and did her job very well!!
The morning was spent working with Casa Materna to make their big inventory list.
Lunch was spent laughing and eating pizza!
The afternoon was spent door knocking for Hijos del Rey,
Sunday afternoon children's program, with the teens!
Caryn is a sweet spirit from God.  I love coming back home to friends who are eager to catch up and continue in the work of the Lord.  Especially when we wear matching infinity scarves! 
I finally made gyo-pinto that tasted good! It wasn't blow your mind away awesome,
but I finally am not afraid to make it for Nicaraguans!
Sunday morning was spent singing at the cross with Carlos and Wilson.
The best way to start a new week... Giving thanks and praying over our city!

No comments:

Post a Comment