Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday Memories


He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; 
yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11
This team is growing and improving so well! I love watching the kids play and get excited when they do something right and encouraging them when they strike out. They have won a few games due to the other team forfeiting. Finally,  this weekend, THEY WON!! 2 games! They were so excited!!
Last week I went to Managua for the day to renew my visa.  One of the perks of the immigration office is it's in the mall. That means North American food choices! Sub sandwiches are one of the foods I miss the most so I was looking forward to Quiznos all day! It lived up to the expectation too.
I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. 
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and 
arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness. Isaiah 61:10

After giving out pre-natal vitamins in a nearby city,
we went to lunch at a local restaurant.  They had a monkey!
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, 
and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Last summer, Hanna, Kelly, Kamri and I worked together for 7 weeks in Zambia. We grew to love one another so deeply. Thankfully they got to be together this weekend and took time to Skype me in. Technology is incredible but these ladies are even better. Catching up with them just made my cup overflow!
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, 
but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

Eveling, one of the youngest girls in the youth group, had her birthday Saturday.
We had cake and cookies to celebrate.
The Counts (Chris, Jill, Zach and Maggie) are life my family. Recently, I've spent the early part of my Sunday afternoon's with them. Chris was especially proud of his pizza this week too! It was great!
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. Luke 2:52

Felipe, two of the teens and I passed out soup mix to school too.
It was a lot of driving for a quick drop off of boxes but some beautiful scenery in Nicaragua!!
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:7-8

Impromptu trip to the cross with the teens who have a free afternoon was a great idea!
Top left: Alec, one of the boys on the baseball team.
Top middle: Jonathan hanging off the cross. Crazy boy!
Top right: Elvin and Kevin learning to take selfies. So funny.
Bottom: The girls on the hike and Jorge. They are a loving group.
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16


No comments:

Post a Comment